Saturday, October 17, 2015

Nail Polish Strips, Part 2: Halloween/Gothy (/Birthday)



It's been quite a while since my last post... A lot has happened/been happening... I lost inspiration; I was in a dark place; I wasn't motivated to do anything, let alone my nails... But being that this is my birth-month (once again), and I was still feeling "emo/gothy," I thought I'd muster up some energy to do something... :P


I decided to use some old nail polish strips that I bought ages ago... They are by Sally Hansen, called "Numbskull." I decided to make it into a "gothic lolita" theme, so I decided to draw some roses around the cuticle, and put a red heart on the ring finger. I used Sephora by OPI's "Sample Sale" for the bright red, "Leaf Him at the Altar" for the green, and Essie's "Masquerade Belle" for the dark red roses. I used a white striper and a light pink polish to draw the swirlies inside the roses.



For my toes, I thought I'd continue the theme, but keep it really simple. I used Butter London's "The Black Knight" as a base. I wanted a black color but not just plain black. This one has flecks of blue and red in it, so it's kind of a "party" color (for my birthday)... :P I'm not a fan of "Nightmare Before Christmas," but I like the look of Jack Skellington's suit, and it also kind of reminded me of the book "Night Circus" (which I still need to finish...), so I thought I'd draw some white stripes on the big toes, to bring the Halloween/Birthday theme together...

Well, this year, I'm honored to have a couple of new friends help me celebrate my birthday next week, so in a sense, it's better than the past couple of years... ;) Hopefully, it's a start for better things coming... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment