Sunday, October 26, 2014

October nail art - Part 2: (Birthstone) Opal Nail Art


So, I really liked my "leather & lace" nail art, but I guess I forgot to clean my nails well again, because it started peeling after a couple of days... :P And since I didn't want to end my birth month with ugly nails, I decided to redo them. :)

I found a nail art on Pinterest for "opal nail art" and it was really pretty so I thought I'd honor my birthstone. ;)


I used the Vinylux "Cream Puff" as the main color instead of just the base. Then for the color effects, I used OPI's Tints: yellow, blue, purple, and pink, in that order. My sister-in-law gave me a Revlon Moon Candy Nail Art set in "Orbit", and it has a shimmery chunk glitter so I used it to mimic the opal appearance. I used the Vinylux top coat first, then put on Nails Inc.'s "Kensington Caviar Gel Effect" top coat to make it more like a gemstone. 

The pictures really don't do it justice (no matter how much I edit them), but with the chunky shimmer, it really looks like an opal. ;) Overall, I really like it, and hopefully this one stays on for a while... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment